Title: Senior Developer
At Teleopti since: March 2017
How did you start working at Teleopti?
I had worked in GuangZhou for seven years, and I felt bored and wanted to move to another city to try new things. One day I got a call from a recruiter who was helping Teleopti find a web developer. I was interested in TDD and Agile, and Teleopti have them both. In addition, Teleopti is an international company, and joining a global team was interesting to me. So I took the chance and got the job! Lucky me!
What’s the best thing about working at Teleopti?
- I appreciate that I can take time to find better ways to do my work. Teleopti really cares about the code quality and there is respect for all ideas.
- All teleoptimists are sweet. Every workday when I come to the office, their smiles are like sunshine so I can have a good mood even on rainy days. And if I need help, I just ask for it and I will get answers quickly, no matter in which country or office they are working.
- I feel equal to everyone else and I can be myself.
What do you like about Teleopti’s Shenzhen office?
- There is coffee and fresh fruit. To have a nice coffee is a sweet start of the workday, and the fruit give me lots of energy when I’m hungry.
- Three great teams. We are not only working closely but we also have a lot of fun when we share interesting things and try new restaurants/karaoke places/bars together. We are not only colleagues, we are friends.
When are you the happiest?
- Finding a good restaurant to try different types of food.
- Travelling to beautiful places.
- Solving a difficult tech problem and learning new things from it.
What do you do when you are not at work?
On workdays, if I don’t go out with friends, usually I just turn on my computer to watch videos including tech videos, movies, funny short videos from different websites.
On weekends/holidays, then I can do many things. Like watching movie at the cinema or going on a short travel or cook good food (I am not good at cooking, but my boyfriend is a fan of cooking).
Name three things still left on your bucket list.
- Hiking in the desert for a week
- Diving to see the underwater world
- Learning to paint
What gadget do you wish existed?
A smart robot. I need it to help me do the things that I don’t like to do, so that I can spend my time on doing fun things. If it can talk, it also can be a good friend.